In-Car Lessons COVID-19 Procedures
While we feel safe to re-launch, no one is out of the woods with COVID-19 yet. Due to this we will be implementing some mandatory protocols to ensure both the students’ and instructors’ safety. These procedures will be in place until further notice.
- Students and instructors will wear masks during the lessons. Students must provide their own (2-layer) cloth mask or bandana that covers their nose and mouth. If the student does not have a mask, they can purchase one of our reusable cloth masks for $5 (please let us know in advance when possible). No mask, no lesson! Refusal to wear a mask for a lesson will be considered as a “no-show” cancellation and a $80 cancellation fee will be applied;
*For those that don’t have much experience yet wearing masks: If you wear eyeglasses it will be very important for you to have a mask with a snug closure (such as with a flexible wire) over your nose bridge and against your cheeks under your eyes ( or you may get foggy glasses, which is a driving hazard.
- Our cancellation policy for cancelling with less than 48 hours will be waived for sickness or COVID-19 related symptoms only. If a student does cancel a lesson with less than 48 hours notice due to sickness, they will not be able to re-book their lessons for a minimum of 10 days or until the end of symptoms and all lessons booked during that period will be cancelled;
Others in the car:
- No other students will be allowed in the vehicle during a lesson. There may be some occasions where an additional (masked) Archer’s staff member is present for monitoring or training reasons only;
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by the school on both the driver/student side and instructor/passenger side. Both Student and Instructor will visibly sanitize their hands while inside or just outside the vehicle before the lesson begins and anytime they are switching seating positions. Students are encouraged to use the sanitizer at the end of their lesson prior to exiting the vehicle, and of course washing with soap and water once back home;
- Students may bring their own close-fitting gloves (latex, nitrile, leather, “winter”, “garden”, etc.) if they wish, with the health recommendation being to sanitize hands prior to donning, and sanitize hands again after doffing gloves. Note that Instructors may be required to grab the steering wheel at any time/multiple times during a lesson to assist in safely steering the vehicle (in particular for beginners);
- The instructor will clean and disinfect the driver’s area when the student is ready to begin driving. Whether that’s at the very beginning of the lesson, or after the instructor has driven the training car to the practice area.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In-Person classroom sessions at NAIT will be following provincial guidelines and NAIT’s enhanced COVID protocols. To ensure the minimum 2 metre social distancing between students, we have selected a classroom that is more than twice the size that we usually require. All students will be required to wear a mask when not at their assigned desk.